This summer, yeah. Not at all what I had expected. I know I had some rough moments, but what is funny is I can barely even remember those now. At this very moment I am sitting on a pile of rocks faced towards the ocean listening to the constant surfable waves. The sky is gray, as it has been almost every day here in Lima.. Yet in this moment I can still see and feel the beauty if it all.
Sometimes it sucks becoming so connected with almost every place I’ve been. Haha but I like having a little part of me here and there.
- A few hours later-
The overwhelming part of right now, is that I haven’t felt this alone in quite some time. I have had a housemate, Peruvian family, and ISA family to visit with every single day. I really have not ventured out on my own at all. It feels so… I guess indescribable to be by myself right now. It’s almost like I’ve gone back to the beginning of my trip when I didn’t know where I was and who I was with. I wanted to take this weekend to myself to truly test what I have learned. Since I checked into my hostel last night I have recognized:
- I know my way around this area much better than I ever expected.
- No matter what, there is always a chance of being creeped on.
- I still have so much Spanish learning to do!
- It’s amazing how after just 2 months you can run into people you have met before on the streets
- Just going for a walk/run without any intention if where you want to go is exhilarating
- It is funny how much less people bug you when you pretend to act like you know what you are doing