Program Required Letter
Como te vas? I am sure you cannot believe it has already been a half a year since you left Perú. Pretty crazy, huh? It still in all honesty probably does not even feel like you have been here, but I am here in this moment of your life to tell you that you most certainly have been to Perú.
I hope at this point you have figured out what ELAP meant to you. I have yet to see what is in store for me on the last day of classes, but I am sure it will be very much fun! It is interesting to think about how at this point it does not seem as if you have made a BIG connection with Nido Acuarela, which is actually a little strange for you. Feeling connected to the people and experiences in your life is something you normally do not have a problem with. Maybe that is why you went through a rough patch while on this trip. I hope at this point you can answer that. But really though I would like you to remember a few things…
- When you were told that you looked like two different little girls from the school because they had big eyes and cheeks like yours (at least that is what I am assuming is why they said that)
- How many words you did not understand at the beginning in comparison to the end (Who would know the word for tambourine?!)
- Getting vomited on :P
- The class of 3 year olds and how they brightened your day
- Miss Paola’s class of 4 year olds that had no idea how you tried to predict a future for each in every one of them
- The crazy boys that you were always in charge of keeping under control
- Jared, the little boy that you swear looked just like a little man… Literally! But his voice was too cute (same with Estéban!)
- The reactions when the kids found out you spoke English/were from the US :)
I am sure this list could keep on going for way too long, but those are definitely some special things. I know you did not actually get to teach English like you had expected, but it was still fun to listen to the English songs/hear their pronunciation. So, at this point I would like to say, Thank you self, for creating an experience like this for you to live through. I really don’t believe it will be forgettable.
You know who